Like all jewellery types, Earrings come in different metals such as silver, gold, platinum, plastic, glass, etc., but the most preferable and durable are precious metals such as gold.
We at Al Romaizan shop have different types of gold earrings according to their design, colours and karat. For example, we have 21k & 18k earrings of yellow, rose, and white gold. Also, we have many gemstone earrings in different styles.
Some of the popular earring types
- Stud earrings are the classical style of earrings that covers the earlobe, and these are the only type that does not dangle down. They usually have one stone, most of the time a diamond.
- Hoop Earrings’ original shape is a circle with a wire penetrating the ear and connecting to the other part in the back of the ear to close the circle. They have grown in popularity in recent years, and as a result, they are available in different sizes, shapes and styles. You may find square or triangle shaped hoops.
- Clip-on earrings are worn without penetrating the ear. So you can wear them without the need to pierce your ear. They have two clips in the two sides of the earring that closes them. These are worn on the earlobe, and they depend on the mechanic pressure to hold them in place.
- Drop earrings are similar to stud earrings except that they go down and don’t just rest on the earlobe or float. There are many styles of drop earrings, and the most popular one is the teardrop that comes down with the shape of teardrops.
- Chandelier earrings, as their name suggests, have a shape similar to a chandelier. Sometimes they dangle and come in different styles and lengths Huggie earrings are a type of hoops but thicker and smaller. They resemble the rings worn in fingers, and they circle around the earlobe with a wire or a clip that close the circle and hold them tight on the earlobe
- Threader earrings are earrings that have a string that goes through the earlobe. Sometimes they may be studded with stones.
- Cluster earrings are earrings that have a cluster of gemstones. They sometimes come in the shape of stud earrings, or they may dangle down.
Earrings are an interesting piece of jewellery that never goes out of fashion and suit all tastes